Friday, June 8, 2018

Origins 2018 Schedule

June 13-17, 2018
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio, 43215, USA

Yikes!  Next week is Origins and I've been so wrapped up in other stuff that I haven't mentioned it here. As in the past seven years I'll be selling books as part of The Library and taking part in some cool panels.

This year I'm doing a solo seminar on creating fictional cuisines:

Thursday, 12:00 PM - Crafting Cuisine
A subterranean culture probably wouldn't eat roast beef and a tree-dwelling one wouldn't eat sushi. A fantasy world should have a cuisine that takes into account the resources and technology of its inhabitants. This seminar demonstrates how to make up a believable fantasy cuisine based on real world constraints.

I'm scheduled on two panels: Old School Research for the Modern Writer  on Thursday at 3:00 PM, and Self Publishing on Saturday at 5:00 PM.

Most of the rest of the time I'll be at a table in the back of the Exhibition Hall with the rest of the writers. If you're going to be at the convention, stop by to talk. We're a fun bunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment